Happy Hour & Panel Discussion
Tuesday, June 5th | 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Are you a B Corporation, social impact business leader, or in your company’s HR department and thinking about how a sustainability or CSR program can positively impact your employees, the bottom line and your connection to your community? Are you implementing programs now that are bringing change?
If Yes is your answer to any or all of the above, B Local Mid-Atlantic and Green Business Roundtable welcomes you to be a part of a provocative conversation on what it means to be a B Corporation. Local business leaders will share how they've applied the framework of the B Corp assessment to their mission to be better for the employees, the environment and the community. Sharing best practices, the panel discussion will focus on how being a certified B Corporation has impacted their business and provided measurable results.
Please join us for networking, sharing best practices and making connections. Registration is free. There will be a cash bar with happy hour specials.
Where: Ireland's Four Courts
2051 Wilson Boulevard
Arlington, VA 22201
Very Simple Event List
There are no upcoming events.
- "B"-Line to Prosperity: How B and Benefit Corps Can Boost Economic Development & Quality of Life By Council Fire
- The Path to Becoming a Certified B Corporation® For Social Entrepreneurs By Vita Global
- What sets you apart in business is not your product, it's your purpose! By Vita Global
- Quick Impact Assessment By B Lab
- 8 Things Purposeful Leaders Do Differently Every Day By Huffington Post
- CSR Matters: To "B" or not to "B"... A Better Way to Do Business By Huffington Post
- How to Buy Responsibly All Year Long By RoundPeg
- 8 Tips for Collaborating to B The Change By Shifting Patterns Consulting
- Benefit Corporations vs. B Corp™ Certification By Vita Global
- Bringing the B to Baltimore: Using Certified B Corps as a New Tool for Economic Development By Council Fire + Abell Foundation
Certified B Corps are for-profit companies certified by the nonprofit B Lab® to meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.
B Local: Mid-Atlantic Region is a group of Certified B Corps from DC, Maryland, VA and beyond working to foster and deepen connections among organizations in our region who share our purpose and passion for using business as a force for good.
We're a community that helps business people act on their purpose to achieve socio-economic and environmental impact through meaningful relationships.
Meet Our Members
Our steering committee members are leaders on a mission to help Mid-Atlantic businesses contribute meaningfully to our community.
Founder + CEO of Council FireContact George
Best Practices Chair
Founder + Principal of Global Solutions, Vita Global, Inc.Contact Colleen
Lay Lwin Htun
Regional Manager, Savvy RestContact Lay Lwin
Chief Change Architect, Shifting Patterns ConsultingContact Kimberley
Chief Marketing Officer, AE WorksContact Carly
Director of Client Engagement, ThreespotContact Liz
Partner + Creative Director, RoundPeg Benefit LLCContact Polina
Chief Marketing + Community Relations Officer, Raffa, P.C.Contact Jimena
Senior Vice President, CityFirst BankContact Edward
Change Management, Raffa, P.C.Contact Joe
B Corp™ Program Manager, Laureate EducationContact Todd