It's a week of B Local Mid Atlantic Social Impact Harvesting! Hike. Tasting. Learning.
Starting this week | November 5th - 9th
Sunday, November 5th, Meet at 10:30AM
B Local Mid Atlantic Fall Hike at Sugarloaf Mountain. For more information, please contact Joe Weedon at JWeedon@raffa.com or text or call 202-277-9410.
Tuesday, November 7th, 6:30PM - 8:30PM
B Corp® VIP Party. What better way to get to know B Corps® than to sample some delicious food! Learn more about what it means to be a Certified B Corp while sampling drinks, hors d'oeuvres and desserts from B Corp companies. Learn more and RSVP for this fun event here.
Thursday, November 9th, 5-7 PM
Join B Local Mid Atlantic and City First, the first B Corp® Certified Bank for an evening of networking and learning. Discussion will focus on the influence of banking/financial services selection on your business and social impact. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP.
The Impact of Diversity, Inclusion & Equity
We had an amazing turn out for our panel discussion on the Impact of Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity in the Workplace. Thank you to everyone who attended this event! A very huge thank you goes out to our panelists from Council Fire, Arabella Advisors, Fundación Paraguaya, Greyston, and Raffa, P.C. for sharing with everyone their insights and best practices in the workplace! You can learn more here.
- The Path to Becoming a Certified B Corporation® For Social Entrepreneurs By Vita Global
- What sets you apart in business is not your product, it's your purpose! By Vita Global
- Quick Impact Assessment By B Lab
- 8 Things Purposeful Leaders Do Differently Every Day By Huffington Post
- CSR Matters: To "B" or not to "B"... A Better Way to Do Business By Huffington Post
- How to Buy Responsibly All Year Long By RoundPeg
- 8 Tips for Collaborating to B The Change By Shifting Patterns Consulting
- Benefit Corporations vs. B Corp™ Certification By Vita Global
- Bringing the B to Baltimore: Using Certified B Corps as a New Tool for Economic Development By Council Fire + Abell Foundation
Certified B Corps are for-profit companies certified by the nonprofit B Lab® to meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.
B Local: Mid-Atlantic Region is a group of Certified B Corps from DC, Maryland, VA and beyond working to foster and deepen connections among organizations in our region who share our purpose and passion for using business as a force for good.
We're a community that helps business people act on their purpose to achieve socio-economic and environmental impact through meaningful relationships.
Meet Our Members
Our steering committee members are leaders on a mission to help Mid-Atlantic businesses contribute meaningfully to our community.
Founder + CEO of Council FireContact George
Founder + Principal of Global Solutions, Vita Global, Inc.Contact Colleen
Lay Lwin Htun
Regional Manager, Savvy RestContact Lay Lwin
Chief Change Architect of Shifting Patterns ConsultingContact Kimberley
Events | Best Practices
Chief Marketing Officer of AE WorksContact Carly
Account Director, ThreespotContact Liz
Partner + Creative Director, RoundPeg Benefit LLCContact Polina
Chief Marketing + Community Relations Officer, Raffa, P.C.Contact Jimena
Change Management, Raffa, P.C.Contact Joe
B Corp™ Program Manager, Laureate EducationContact Todd