B Local Meet up at Patagonia
Thursday, October 17 | 8:00-9:00 PM
You are invited to join B Local Mid-Atlantic and our community of local Certified B Corps, aspiring B Corps, and B Corp enthusiasts at Patagonia's Georgetown store for a Business for Good Meet-Up. You'll hear social impact stories from local B Corp leaders and learn more about the role that B Local Mid-Atlantic plays in the community.
Patagonia, a Certified B Corp since 2011, will host the B Local Mid-Atlantic community at their Georgetown store and is offering a 25% discount for the evening!
3104 M St NW
Washington, DC 20007
RSVP via Eventbrite
Very Simple Event List
Human Centric Leadership Workshop
On Thursday, September 19, B Local Mid-Atlantic hosted an interactive workshop with Eleni Pallas and Shadi Abouzeid on WHY people act the way they do and HOW to face people-related problems in a deliberate and strategic way.
Throughout the workshop, attendees obtained insight into their own patterns to identify the mindset that best empowers individual effectiveness in the face of resistance.
Dine. Connect. Build your Impact: BLMA Dinner Meet-up
On Wednesday, March 6, 2019, B Local Mid-Atlantic held the first meeting of its new networking dinner series at Nam-Viet. Our first dinner was focused on creating meaningful connections and conversations. Entrepreneurs, marketers, team builders and professionals, passionate about using business for good gathered to discuss questions, challenges, and ideas about their work.
From Ripples to Waves: How to Collaborate for Impact
A group of B Local Mid-Atlantic members with ambitious plans for making a positive difference in 2019 gathered in January for an interactive skills-building workshop, facilitated by Kimberley Jutze, Founder of Shifting Patterns Consulting. Participants learned what it takes for impact-oriented organizations, like B Corps and benefit corporations, to collectively address pressing problems in our communities and came away with an understanding of the key components of an effective collaboration, how to avoid common pitfalls, best practices for developing a new or existing collaborative, support for addressing a collaboration challenge you’re facing, and next steps for putting what you’ve learned into practice.
- B Corps in Your Grocery Basket (Part 1) By B Local Mid-Atlantic Best Practices Committee
- What is the ROI of becoming a Certified B Corporation®? By Vita Global
- "B"-Line to Prosperity: How B and Benefit Corps Can Boost Economic Development & Quality of Life By Council Fire
- The Path to Becoming a Certified B Corporation® For Social Entrepreneurs By Vita Global
- What sets you apart in business is not your product, it's your purpose! By Vita Global
- Quick Impact Assessment By B Lab
- 8 Things Purposeful Leaders Do Differently Every Day By Huffington Post
- CSR Matters: To "B" or not to "B"... A Better Way to Do Business By Huffington Post
- How to Buy Responsibly All Year Long By RoundPeg
- 8 Tips for Collaborating to B The Change By Shifting Patterns Consulting
- Benefit Corporations vs. B Corp™ Certification By Vita Global
- Bringing the B to Baltimore: Using Certified B Corps as a New Tool for Economic Development By Council Fire + Abell Foundation
Certified B Corps are for-profit companies certified by the nonprofit B Lab® to meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.
B Local: Mid-Atlantic Region is a group of Certified B Corps from DC, Maryland, VA and beyond working to foster and deepen connections among organizations in our region who share our purpose and passion for using business as a force for good.
We're a community that helps business people act on their purpose to achieve socio-economic and environmental impact through meaningful relationships.
Meet Our Members
Our steering committee members are leaders on a mission to help Mid-Atlantic businesses contribute meaningfully to our community.
Founder + CEO of Council FireContact George
Best Practices Chair
Business Development Specialist, Fors Marsh GroupContact Caroline
Chief Change Architect, Shifting Patterns ConsultingContact Kimberley
Chief Marketing Officer, AE WorksContact Carly
Director of Client Engagement, ThreespotContact Liz
Partner + Creative Director, RoundPeg Benefit LLCContact Polina
Director, Mission PartnersContact Bridget
Senior Vice President, CityFirst BankContact Edward