Check back soon!
Our monthly Happy Hours will resume in September
We'll be releasing a calendar for Fall 2018 events soon, which will include happy hours, our annual fall hike, and more!
Very Simple Event List
June Happy Hour
One June 5, 2018, the BLMA partnered with the Green Business Roundtable and its non-profit partner, Bethesda Green, to convene its first ever event in Northern Virginia! The event was sponsored by BetterWorld Telecom had a record-breaking turn out.
Vita Global took the lead in developing this event and showcasing not only the amazing work of Northern Virginia based B Corps®, but also provided an opportunity for them to share their experiences with certification, the ROI they have seen as well as best practices they have employed as B Corps®.
The Impact of Diversity, Inclusion & Equity
We had an amazing turn out for our panel discussion on the Impact of Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity in the Workplace. Thank you to everyone who attended this event! A very huge thank you goes out to our panelists from Council Fire, Arabella Advisors, Fundación Paraguaya, Greyston, and Raffa, P.C. for sharing with everyone their insights and best practices in the workplace! You can learn more here.
- What is the ROI of becoming a Certified B Corporation®? By Vita Global
- "B"-Line to Prosperity: How B and Benefit Corps Can Boost Economic Development & Quality of Life By Council Fire
- The Path to Becoming a Certified B Corporation® For Social Entrepreneurs By Vita Global
- What sets you apart in business is not your product, it's your purpose! By Vita Global
- Quick Impact Assessment By B Lab
- 8 Things Purposeful Leaders Do Differently Every Day By Huffington Post
- CSR Matters: To "B" or not to "B"... A Better Way to Do Business By Huffington Post
- How to Buy Responsibly All Year Long By RoundPeg
- 8 Tips for Collaborating to B The Change By Shifting Patterns Consulting
- Benefit Corporations vs. B Corp™ Certification By Vita Global
- Bringing the B to Baltimore: Using Certified B Corps as a New Tool for Economic Development By Council Fire + Abell Foundation
Certified B Corps are for-profit companies certified by the nonprofit B Lab® to meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.
B Local: Mid-Atlantic Region is a group of Certified B Corps from DC, Maryland, VA and beyond working to foster and deepen connections among organizations in our region who share our purpose and passion for using business as a force for good.
We're a community that helps business people act on their purpose to achieve socio-economic and environmental impact through meaningful relationships.
Meet Our Members
Our steering committee members are leaders on a mission to help Mid-Atlantic businesses contribute meaningfully to our community.
Founder + CEO of Council FireContact George
Best Practices Chair
Founder + Principal of Global Solutions, Vita Global, Inc.Contact Colleen
Lay Lwin Htun
Regional Manager, Savvy RestContact Lay Lwin
Chief Change Architect, Shifting Patterns ConsultingContact Kimberley
Chief Marketing Officer, AE WorksContact Carly
Director of Client Engagement, ThreespotContact Liz
Partner + Creative Director, RoundPeg Benefit LLCContact Polina
Chief Marketing + Community Relations Officer, Raffa, P.C.Contact Jimena
Senior Vice President, CityFirst BankContact Edward
Change Management, Raffa, P.C.Contact Joe
B Corp™ Program Manager, Laureate EducationContact Todd